Thinking about how I'm going to expand the Lair of the Lamb.
You don't have to read it you haven't already. Just know that the adventure starts with the White Temple sacrificing the PCs to the Lamb and (probably) ends with the players escaping. It's possible that they release a demon named Davok in the process.
The Rulers of Lon Barago
The Duke and Duchess are are in the capitol of Bospero, attempting to curry favor with the queen and her four mad sons.
Their son, the Dorcheso, can usually be found in his pleasure barge upriver, asleep between a lotus cloud and a breast.
There are several knights with households nearby--you may meet them. The only interesting one is Sir Beloram, who married a fairy-woman.
For everyday matters, the White Temple is the real power in the city.
The White Temple
They worship Dormin, the god of wisdom and mathematics. They have their fingers in many pies, but importantly, they control the only court in Lon Barago.
The Lamb is not something they summoned. (It's more of a happy accident.) They became interested in it once they discovered it could grow lambfruit, which shows the future. (And unless the PCs killed both the Lamb and the Little Lambs, the possibility of lambfruit is still on the table.O
Sister Aloss tends the flowers. She's convinced that they are sending him messages. She is desperate for someone who can decode them.
Father Dibulus runs the court. The dead are allowed to speak in Lon Barago, and a windchime in the window of the courtroom gives them voice. (Father Dibulus interprets.)
Father Saffron is legitimately the nicest dude you will ever meet in Lon Barago. He loves helping people almost as much as he loves his church. Knowledgeable about diseases and curses. He runs the charity kitchen.
High Priestess Leshavela can read your character sheet by looking in your eyes. Best avoided.
Brother Alabaster is an astronomer who wears bulky, concealing robes. He is the fraternal twin brother to the Lamb. (He resembles their late mother, while the Lamb resembles their father.)
Sister Omsa tends to the Lamb. She noticed that the lambfruits improved when the Lambs diet was switched from grains to mutton. She was the first to feed the Lamb a human. Energetic, cheerful, absentminded, always intensely focused on one project at a time. Right now it is the Lamb. Before that, she was trying to improve the pie. Before that, she was attempting to discover how eggs were made.
Father Welton is not a member of the White Temple, but instead the representative of the Church. He collects the tithes. Whenever someone brings a cow to be sacrificed at the White Temple, they must bring two cows. Father Welton will pick the nicer one for the Church (himself) then turn around and sell it in the marketplace. He is contemptuous of Father Sprat.
Quests of the White Temple:
- Bring Omus captured people to help feed the lamb.
- Obviously impossible if the lamb is dead, but I still want this module to be flexible.
- Weaken the Heavy Temple.
- Take this tiny mummy and put it under Oxenbrand's bed.
- Take this little worm thing and throw it in their well.
- Find out how they get so strong. (Secret: they're eating Davok's body.)
- Embarrass them when the bishop visits.
- One suggestion: Get Grell out of there.
- Another suggestion: get them drunk.
The Heavy Temple
Quests of the Heavy Temple
- Secure a source of cheap, reliable protein. This is their main problem. Only Greff is astute enough to give other quests.
- Kill the Lamb.
- Figure out where the Lamb came from. (Sister Omsa is exactly half a beer from telling you everything.)
- If they find out about Alabaster, then kill him, too.
- Fuck up the White Temple.
- Make copies of the High Priestess' letters.
- Recover the Anvil of Parshekkis.
- Burn down their library.
- Make the White Temple look bad when the bishop gets here.
- Suggestion 1: Stage events in the streets to show how popular the Heavy Temple is in the streets.
- Suggestion 2: reveal the Lamb sacrifices. (The sacrifices aren't illegal, but every sacrifice to a lesser god needs to be matched with an equal-or-better sacrifice to Zulin. The White temple has been dodging taxes, in a way. The White Temple will argue that they're just feeding livestock, so there will probably be a trial.
Befriending the Temples
|unrelated pic by Trevor Henderson|
- Davok is controlling one of the party members.
- Davok is free, but not controlling anyone.
- Davok is still in his box.
Demons vs Devils
Least, Better, Best
The Demons as Enemies
The Demons as Allies
"May beetles copulate in your brain, that you may have an excuse for your stupidity! You were captured! I alone evaded!""Worthless insect anus! Would that you had a thousand testicles and I, a hammer!"