Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Isles of the Dead: Twine Edition

Remember when I entered the One-Page Dungeon Contest with a dungeon that was meant to be run after a TPK?

A fellow named David Sky has made it into a Twine game.  You can play it 


It's pretty great except you don't get to tease Hans and as far as I can tell, there's no way to get stuck in hell as a crow.  The tower is fun.

Also this reminds me of a thing that Dunkey made once that was also doubleplusgood.  I meant to link to it at some point, but forgot.  Sorry, Dunkey(s).

(This is not a Patreon post, as I did 0% of the work.)

6 comments:

  1. Ah man. Hell yeah. This rules.

    I always wanted to put my players through this but I never got a TPK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't read if you haven't already played it:





    It was fun, but there weren't that many options, and i felt more like I was going mad when I wasn't in the tower. once I completed my 999 years, I went back to the line only to find that I was already supposed to go into the gate for heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran through it and good news! You *can* get stuck as a crow in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoiler



    I was able to kill the giant skeleton (after you do are killed, any damage done remains, so enough persistence means you can kill him). However, the game acted like I had killed a normal one, and brought me back to Still Waters. When I went back to his island, he was still there, but somehow with negative HP. When I attack, he dies instantly, but it still has the same issue. Is that meant to happen? Because right now I feel like I wasted ~1 Hour of my life for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why I did it, but I beat the giant skeleton. Don't do what I did, nothing happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dylan Stewart: That was not what was supposed to happen, because I never realized I'd made it possible to kill the giant skeleton. I'm happy to say that 1 hour of your life wasn't for nothing, as I've now gone back and adjusted things so they work a lot better—and it won't take an hour to accomplish what you accomplished. Thanks for posting this; you never really know what people will find in a game until they playtest it! Thanks for pointing this out, and I'm sorry it took me so long to address it.

    ReplyDelete